Landscape Gardener required
Job Ref T990
Our client is an independent landscaping company which offers unparalleled design, installation, and maintenance to commercial properties. With over 40 years’ experience within the commercial sector, BALI award winning and recognised for their outstanding value and quality. Providing landscaping services to high end sites in London and the South East of England, with clients including business parks, urban civic spaces, office estates, hotels, restaurants, retail parks and hospitals. They are now looking to recruit a Landscape Gardener for a static site based in Surrey since taking over the site in September 2021. The site holds huge potential, and this is an excellent opportunity for someone to be part of the development of the grounds. Covering approximately 40 acres the site includes manicured gardens, protected ancient woodland walks, and expansive lawns; with plenty more plans for the grounds in the pipeline.
As a Landscape Gardener on this stunning site, the successful candidate will play a key role as a member of the landscaping team on the maintenance of all landscape and infrastructure. Playing an important part of the development and ongoing maintenance of the site.
Main duties will include:
- Reporting to the Landscape Manager you will maintain and prepare all horticultural and ecological areas as directed, assisting in all forms of landscaping
- Landscape maintenance including weeding, trimming, edging, pruning, planting, watering, lawn care
- Operating a wide range of garden tools and machinery and be responsible for the care and day to day cleaning of the equipment
- Responding to clients and members of the public on site in a polite, courteous and professional manner
- Work both in a team and on own with minimal supervision to consistently deliver objectives, carrying out work in a timely manner
- Display a wide range of horticultural skills and practices.
The successful candidate will have excellent horticultural knowledge with a recognised horticultural qualification being highly desirable, as well as a chainsaw certificate being desirable. A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the horticultural sector with plenty of hands-on experience, as well as a good understanding a wide variety of landscape strategies and knowledge of plants, along with interest in sustainability and biodiversity.
Also essential for the role are:
- Hands on landscaping experience of planting out, pruning and lawn edging
- Experience with use of a wide range of garden tools and machinery
- A demonstratable ability to establish and sustain a good working relationship within a team, as well as holding the initiative to work alone.
- Desire to learn new skills, working chemical free to produce sustainable landscapes.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Full UK drivers’ licence, preferable with legal and practical ability to use a trailer
This is a full time, permanent role. Working days are Monday to Friday (7am – 3.30pm).
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to provide information and be subject to background checks as part of the client’s new starter check process.
If this Landscape Gardener vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Sophie Sharpe on 01233 732767 or email@example.com.
To view more Landscape jobs, click Landscape.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Landscape Gardener vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Landscape Gardener vacancy will have been unsuccessful.