Plant Area Manager required.
Job Ref: D221
Our client is a very successful and growing independent Garden Centre, seeking a Plant Area Manager within their multimillion turnover plant department.
This company has an emphasis on providing a great customer experience and a professional working environment with internal opportunities for training and development to support progression for those wanting to advance. You will be reporting into an established general manager who is invested in your success.
- You will be responsible for supporting the garden centre to achieve its plant sales goals while ensuring excellent customer service and a reputation for great quality.
- Line managing a team of 6-8 in the Plant Area and reporting into the General Manager.
- Duty Management for the site as required.
- Following health and safety and ensuring the team are working in a safe manner.
- Ensuring maintenance and security of premises and equipment.
- Managing stock levels.
- Input into the design and layout of the Plant Area.
Skills and Experience:
- Supervisory/management experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent Plant Knowledge.
- Stock management and experience with EPOS systems.
- Key holder and security responsibilities.
- Good communication skills with the ability to train others and work as part of a wider team.
- Experience in taking a proactive approach to health and safety with a H&S qualification.
- Appropriate horticultural qualifications.
Ideally candidates will have management experience within the Garden Centre sector. However, above all else the candidate needs to have good customer service skills, supplemented with a good and varied plant knowledge. Therefore, candidates will be considered with applicable experience from other horticultural backgrounds.
If this Plant Area Manager vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Paul Hargreaves on 01233 732767 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view more Nursery jobs, click Nursery.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Plant Area Manager vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Plant Area Manager vacancy will have been unsuccessful.