Our client is an independent landscaping company which offers unparalleled design, installation and maintenance to commercial properties. With over 40 years’ experience within the commercial sector, BALI award winning and recognised for their outstanding value and quality. Providing landscaping services to high end sites in London and the Southeast of England, with clients including business parks, urban civic spaces, office estates, hotels, restaurants, retail parks and hospitals. They are now looking for a Skilled Gardener to join the team at Battersea Power Station.
As a Skilled Gardener on this stunning site, the successful candidate will play a key role as a member of the horticultural team on the maintenance of all landscape and infrastructure. Playing an important part in the development and ongoing maintenance of the site.
Main duties will include:
- Maintain and prepare all horticultural and ecological areas as directed, assisting in all forms of gardening.
- Landscape maintenance including but not limited to weeding, trimming, edging, pruning, planting, watering.
- Operating a wide range of garden tools and machinery and be responsible for the care and day to day cleaning of the equipment
- Responding to clients and members of the public on site in a polite, courteous and professional manner
- Work with minimal supervision to consistently deliver objectives, carrying out work in a timely manner
- Display a wide range of horticultural skills and practices.
The successful candidate will have excellent horticultural knowledge with a recognised horticultural qualification being highly desirable. A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the horticultural sector with plenty of hands-on experience, as well as a good understanding of a wide variety of landscape strategies and knowledge of plants is also beneficial.
Also essential for the role are:
- Hands on gardening experience
- Experience with use of a wide range of garden tools and machinery
- A demonstratable ability to establish and sustain a good working relationship within a team, as well as holding the initiative to work alone.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
This is a full-time, permanent role. Working days are Monday to Friday with summer working hours 6:30am – 3pm and winter working hours 7:30am – 4pm.
Holiday entitlement is 20 days plus Bank Holidays.
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to a DBS check.
If this Skilled Gardener vacancy is of interest please apply or contact Sophie Sharpe on 01233 732767 or Sophie@horticruitment.com
To view more Gardening jobs click Gardening or to view Landscape jobs click Landscape.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Skilled Gardener vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Skilled Gardener vacancy will have been unsuccessful.