Senior Gardener required
Job Ref Y000
Our client is a bespoke design and build practice, specialising in the creation of stunning high-end gardens and landscapes to discerning clients, with a particular focus on soft landscaping schemes. From small courtyard gardens, through to large scale rural landscapes, they balance inspired design and creative horticultural expertise to enhance the visual relationship between a building’s interior and exterior spaces and the surrounding vernacular. They are now looking for a passionate, talented and experienced Senior Gardener to join the small and dynamic team.
The Senior Gardener will drive the curation and aftercare of their projects forward to ensure ongoing horticultural excellence. This role offers real scope for career progression, literally growing with the business. In this hands-on role the successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of high-end domestic gardens as well as overseeing the handover from project completion to the aftercare stage.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Planning and scheduling aftercare plans for each client.
- Conducting formal, quarterly reviews of the gardens, and providing management with rolling updates.
- Being the main point of customer contact and acting as an ambassador of the company dealing with any questions or queries the customers may have.
- Adhering to Health & Safety Guidelines
- Species specific specialist pruning such as top and soft fruit, pleached, espaliered, trained fruit trees, topiary and roses.
- Working within glasshouses, kitchen and cutting gardens; demonstrating good propagation skills.
- Operating a variety of machinery, tools and equipment safely
Our client requires reliable, enthusiastic, positive and experienced individuals to maintain and exceed the customer’s expectations. You’ll have excellent customer service skills, be naturally capable of demonstrating your knowledge and have core skills in all types of garden maintenance.
The ideal candidate will be a plants person, with strong horticultural knowledge and a passion for all things gardening. The successful applicant will be self-motivated, organised, confident and enjoy working in a sole position for significant parts of the time as well as working alongside the current team who will assume responsibility for day-to-day turf care and hedge maintenance, as well as contractors who attend to aspects such as tree surgery etc.
- A recognised Horticultural qualification of minimum Level 2
- Excellent horticultural practices with strong plant knowledge
- PA1 & PA6 spraying certificates are desirable, however training can be provided.
- Confidence working alone and with others in a supervisory capacity.
- Experience with a wide range of garden machinery.
- Able to complete physical work in all weather conditions.
- Must hold a full, clean UK driving licence.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Use of a company vehicle or fuel allowance
- 28 days holiday
- A friendly, warm, and supportive work environment.
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Educational development
If this Senior Gardener vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Sophie Sharpe on 01233 732767 or email@example.com.
To view more Landscape jobs, click Landscape.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this vacancy will have been unsuccessful.