Retail Team Leader
Job Ref: P306
Our client is a very successful Garden Centre chain with several sites across the south of the UK. They produce inspiring environments that engage customers and provide high quality products and services.
The successful candidate will be accountable for leading a team of around 10 staff to deliver a successful department, managing visual changes, motivating, and managing people, managing stock replenishment processes, working closely with other department heads. Working full time, with alternate weekends and 6pm finishes. This is a great environment for someone looking to move into a retail management role with a difference.
- Drive and support high levels of customer service across both departments.
- Effective deployment of team.
- Assisting other departments with workforce and practical assistance.
- Review and adjust staffing level where necessary.
- Undertake recruitment and induction of all seasonal and sundries staff.
- In conjunction with the trading manager identify staff development need and actively support professional development of all staff in the department.
- Support the trading manager in building a sales focused team.
- Ensure staff within the department effectively store and handle products to minimise losses and maximise stock availability.
- Ensure a high standard of housekeeping within the department.
- Ensure a safe working environment is maintained in line with companies health and safety policy.
The appointed person will possess retail management experience, ideally managed a team of 5 – 10.
As the Team Leader, you’ll need to have the following experience:
- Proven customer service experience.
- Good line management skills to guide, develop and motivate teams.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A strong understanding of EPOS systems.
- Strong organisational skills to balance own and team’s workload.
- Ability to use own initiative and problem solve.
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation.
If this Retail Team Leader vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Paul Hargreaves on 01233 732767 or email@example.com
To view more garden centre jobs, click Retail.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Retail Team Leader vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Retail Team Leader vacancy will have been unsuccessful.