Retail Assistant required
Job Ref G890
A fourth-generation family owned and run business supplying plants to garden centres, wholesalers and landscape customers to locations across the Southeast of England.
A leading grower at the forefront of peat free production, recently expanding in to peat free house plant production.
The nursery also has a retail area for the general public which is experiencing rapid growth year on year and is an area earmarked for future expansion, experience in this area would be a bonus.
Our client believes in producing the highest quality Plants for their customers, no matter what their size. Their customers and the products they supply are always their main priority.
This is a truly unique opportunity to join a business with a wide and diverse customer base and product range.
Day to day
- Watering, pruning, weeding and treating plant stock for pests and disease
- Putting plants into pots and trays, ready to sell
- Setting out displays of plants
- Using a wheelbarrow or trolley to move heavy items such as trees or bags of soil
- Helping to carry and load heavy items to customers’ cars
- Operating the till at the checkout, taking cash and card payments
- Pricing stock and filling the benches
- Organising new stock from the nursery
- Advising customers on plant choice and care
- Good horticultural knowledge of different types of plant, including where they grow best and how to care for them
- to enjoy working with plants
- good customer service and retail skills, selling products and services to clients including garden centres.
- good verbal communication skills
- physical skills such as mobility and co-ordination
- to work outside in all types of weather
- to follow health and safety rules and wear protective clothing like gloves and boots for some jobs.
Average 40 hours per week. This role will require weekend and bank holiday working, and hours will vary depending on the season.
You will spend time working outdoors at the centre contributing to deliveries, and movement and care of stock in all weathers. You may also spend time inside the centre’s shop or taking payments for sales from customers at cash desks.
If this Retail Assistant vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Sara Yassin on 01233 732767 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view more Gardening jobs click Gardening or to view Landscape jobs click Landscape.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Retail Assistant vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Retail Assistant will have been unsuccessful.