Plants Supervisor required
Job Ref A760
Our client has a family-run independently owned garden centre serving the community for many years. Implementing high standards and competitive prices that our clients’ customers have come to enjoy and expect from the owners. The Garden Centre has a large range of products, including outdoor plants, shrubs and trees; houseplants; cut flowers and floristry; giftware and cards; garden tools; garden sundries; chemicals; toys; food; stoneware, aggregates, timber and fencing.
Our client’s plants manager needs an enthusiastic supervisor to help them manage a large variety of plants and shrubs. The ideal candidate will be someone who can manage personalities and plants! If you can give clear instructions, are happy to get your hands dirty and can represent your department in a dynamic environment then this opportunity is for you!
The Plants Supervisor will care for the plants and keep things tidy whilst sharing their knowledge and expertise with customers. Helping the manager to co-ordinate the team’s priorities and keeping plants healthy and organised will be amongst the daily duties.
Responsibilities would include but not limited to: –
- Responsible for the plants department to assist the manager with the day to day running of the department.
- Involved in the planning & management of the plant team.
- Liaising with the plant buyer on weekly stock intake.
- To oversee and run the department in the managers absents.
- Dealing with customer enquiries and taking payment for customer home plant deliveries.
- General housekeeping of the department.
Applicants will ideally have:
- Previous experience supervising a large team.
- At least 3 years’ experience working within the horticultural industry.
- You are enthusiastic and approachable.
- Good customer service skills.
Benefits: Free onsite parking, 15% Staff discount, training and development with opportunities to forge a career with the client, pension plan and holiday entitlement of 29 days, including bank holidays.
Working hours: Full-time 42.5 hrs per week, Monday- Friday with rota’d day off and alternate weekends.
If this Plants Supervisor vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Sara Yassin on 01233 732767 or email@example.com.
To view more garden centre jobs, click Retail.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Plants Supervisor vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Plants Supervisor vacancy will have been unsuccessful.