Plantarea Manager / Buyer required
Job Ref B010
Our client is an independent garden centre with 4 decades of success and growth. They operate 3 sites across East Sussex and have put significant investment into their product offering and service proposition.
Plant Sales are key to the operation and account for a significant number of overall sales.
We are seeking a skilled horticulturalist and manager to take on the role of Plantarea Manager and Buyer. Reporting to the Retail Director.
This is more than just a plant area manager role, you will manage the Plant Area Operations of the main site, Leading a small team whilst also providing operational support to the two other garden centres.
You will also take on responsibility for buying operations of plants and plant sundries for the 3 centres.
Liaising with a wide range of suppliers nationally and internationally and managing supplier relationships.
Excellent time management and forward planning to ensure adequate product cover.
Input into the product range and overall success of the business.
Stock control and accurate stock handling processes must be managed and maintained.
Commercial analysis of sales, customer trends, department performance is also part of the role.
Other duties include merchandizing and maintaining operational standards, Customer Care, Pest and Disease control.
- Supervisory/management experience
- Buying experience within Plants and managing wholesaler relationships.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent Plant Knowledge.
- Stock management and experience with EPOS systems
- Key holder and security responsibilities
- Good communication skills with the ability to train others and work as part of a wider team.
- Experience in taking a proactive approach to health and safety with a H&S qualification.
- Appropriate Horticultural qualifications
- Pest and disease management
- Knowledge of employment relations and HR.
If this Plantarea Manager / Buyer vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Sara Yassin on 01233 732767 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To view more garden centre jobs, click Retail.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Plantarea Manager / Buyer vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Plantarea Manager / Buyer vacancy will have been unsuccessful.