Plant Area Manager required.
Job Ref: T084
Our client has a well established Garden Centre with a core focus on plants. 80% of the plants on sale are grown within their own nurseries and this allows them to keep their prices competitive. Customer satisfaction is a priority, and they pride themselves on the great team they have built offering fantastic customer service and plant advice. They are currently looking for a knowledgeable and passionate plantsperson to manage the outside sales area, supporting and leading the existing team of knowledgeable staff.
Duties and responsibilities would include the following:
- Supervision of staff.
- Good communication with Nursery Managers to keep up to date with product availability and planning the season to ensure plants are available for sale when most saleable.
- Stock control and maximising sales opportunities through themed displays.
- Oversee and assist with the general housekeeping ensuring the sales area is well presented.
- Engaging with customers, offering plant advice and help to create a good customer experience.
- Duty management responsibilities of the garden centre as required.
Candidates will ideally have the following:
- Great communication skills
- Leadership and supervisory experience
- Good plant knowledge and passion for plants and horticulture
- Ability to be creative and create eye catching displays
- Good organisation skills
Ideally candidates will have management experience within the garden centre retail sector. However, above all else, the candidate needs to have good customer service skills, supplemented with a good and varied plant knowledge. Therefore, candidates will be considered with applicable experience from other horticultural backgrounds.
If this Plant Area Manager vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Paul Hargreaves on 01233 732767 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To view more Nursery jobs, click Nursery.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Plant Area Manager vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Plant Area Manager vacancy will have been unsuccessful.