Horticulture Sales Executive
Job Ref P054
Located near Ashford, the nursery produces and supplies a large range of premium quality plants to the landscape and amenity markets. They currently have a new opportunity available to work within a dynamic, professional, and successful business.
The company is looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic person with a natural sales ability to join the designer sales & marketing team. You will be involved in the day-to-day processing of sales enquiries and estimates, their follow-up and successful conversion through to order. The ability to focus on delivering company targets and margins while maintaining the standards demanded by the client is key.
Reporting to the Head of Sales and Marketing, you will take responsibility for the account management of a selected range of clients, seeking out profitable new business and developing existing relationships within an agreed framework. As an ideal candidate you will have extensive sales and customer service experience and a good understanding of the landscape supply market. You will be self-motivated, efficient, and methodical with very good organisational, communication and IT skills.
As part of the designer sales and marketing team, the successful candidate will also play a significant role in how to create, shape and communicate the company’s marketing content.
Good plant knowledge and great attention to detail are essential. A clean driving licence would also be beneficial. Full induction training will be provided for the role. Normal working hours are 7.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday (Saturday morning working and working additional hours may be necessary during peak times).
Key role responsibilities include:
- Taking responsibility for a range of key accounts to nurture and develop mutually beneficial partnerships
- Taking enquiries from clients by phone or email, processing the enquiry or forwarding on where outside the brief of the team
- Issuing sales estimates and orders through our business management system SAP B1, maintaining responsibility for those transactions through the process
- Working within the business framework from enquiry to delivery, paying close attention to margins and profitability
- Gathering and sharing product and market information
- Attending trade events as required to represent the business
- Escorting visitors around the site to facilitate sales, as directed by the line manager
- Providing support to other team members in their absence to ensure that all customers consistently receive the best service possible
If this Horticulture Sales Executive vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Matthew Parker on 01233 732767 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view more Nursery jobs, click Nursery.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Horticulture Sales Executive vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Horticulture Sales Executive vacancy will have been unsuccessful.