Job ref G889
A family owned and run business supplying plants to garden centres, wholesalers and landscape customers to locations across the Southeast of England.
A leading grower at the forefront of peat free production, recently expanding in to peat free house plant production.
The nursery also has a retail area for the general public which is experiencing rapid growth year on year and is an area earmarked for future expansion, experience in this area would be a bonus.
Our client believes in producing the highest quality Plants for their customers, no matter what their size. Their customers and the products they supply are always their main priority.
This is a truly unique opportunity to join a business with a wide and diverse customer base and product range.
Our client is looking for a confident enthusiastic Grower to work alongside the owner and their existing team.
- Ensuring targets and deadlines are met.
- Have a good understanding of Pests and Diseases and a good knowledge and understanding of bedding plant and perennial production.
- Assist the owner; supervise the growing and management of the crops.
- Schedule for the coming seasons requirements.
- Take charge of specific activities, areas or staff as delegated by the owner.
- Carry out the general responsibilities and duties of permanent members of staff and supervisors.
- Undertake any other nursery work when necessary.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have good technical horticultural experience and training.
- Have Hands-on growing skills in the ornamental sector, specializing in Bedding, Perennials and Pot plants.
- be involved in all aspects of production from potting to despatch.
- Have experience working within a team to ensure production targets are met.
- Carry out daily monitoring for pests and diseases and taking action when needed.
- Have a keen interest in Horticulture and ability to work alone and use own initiative.
This job is a challenging yet rewarding position that is a brilliant opportunity for an ambitious and motivated person.
Ideally you will have the following:
- Full driving Licence
- PA1 & PA6
- Be familiar with Excel and Microsoft Office.
If this Grower vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Sara Yassin on 01233 732767 or email@example.com
To view more Nursery jobs, click Nursery.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Grower vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Grower vacancy will have been unsuccessful.