Garden Centre Manager required.
Job Ref: B099
Our client is looking for a passionate and experienced retail manager, with a passion for horticulture who is looking for a rare opportunity to lead a unique garden centre. The centre is located in the picturesque setting of North Wales, and is an independent, privately owned centre. The client is seeking an ambitious and highly motivated individual to oversee the centre, the role offers the chance for the successful Garden Centre Manager to showcase their expertise and manage a dedicated team, while overseeing all aspects of the Garden Centre’s operations.
This role is for the most senior member of staff on site, so you will be expected to run the garden centre as if it were your own, having the autonomy to drive the business forward with your own ideas and vision, reporting to the family.
Key Skills & Responsibilities of Garden Centre General Manager:
- Leading and motivating a team of garden centre staff, fostering a positive and collaborative work environment, ensuring exceptional customer service.
- Overseeing all operational aspects, including inventory management, purchasing, setting budgets, and ensuring adherence to agreed budgets, and financial reporting.
- Developing and implementing sales strategies to maximise profit, achieve revenue targets and drive business growth.
- Managing relationships with suppliers and negotiating favourable terms and conditions.
- Opening and closing the garden centre, handling cash transactions, and financial management.
- Operating the on-site craft centre and art gallery as well as several concession partners and ensuring leased spaces are occupied and maintained.
- Applying visual merchandising techniques to create attractive displays maximising product appeal.
- Bolstering social media posts, website operations and other marketing efforts, to increase brand visibility, engagement, and online sales.
- Responsible for all health and safety protocols in tandem with the Health and Safety co-ordinator.
- The right candidate will take overall responsibility for the garden centre and possess the confidence to problem solve as issues arise.
- Experience of managing a business is essential, experience within the garden centre sector is desirable and a passion for horticulture itself would be an advantage.
This prestigious garden centre has a rich history and a strong presence in the community, having been transformed into a bustling hub, now home to over 11 unmanned independent franchises and an extremely busy plant area.
The garden centre’s continued success can be attributed to its dedication to quality products, outstanding customer service, and a commitment to creating a memorable shopping experience for gardening enthusiasts and visitors alike.
Working hours for the position will be as follows: 9.30am – 17:00pm – typical working pattern on a 2-week cycle, with alternate weekend working.
- Week 1: 4 days
- Week 2: 6 days
If this Garden Centre Manager vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Tom Little on 01233 732767 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To view more garden centre jobs, click Retail.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Garden Centre Manager vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Garden Centre Manager vacancy will have been unsuccessful.