Senior Horticultural Sales Person required
Job Ref ADV314
A thriving nursery, growing and importing a huge range of plants from Europe and beyond. Nestled within the old walled garden of Ham House and next to the river Thames
We are seeking a Senior Horticultural Sales Person to join our sales team dealing with trade and retail customers, from working on larger landscaping plant lists to dealing with smaller over the counter sales. We are a specialist nursery, all about plants.
– Advise customers via email, phone and in person about plant selection and care based on numerous factors including soil type, aspect, water requirements, space and design.
– Answer plant health enquiries via email, phone and in person: helping to diagnose pest, disease and cultural issues and suggest remedy actions.
– Pull together quotes for trade customers from both our stock and from a range of suppliers, following this through to coordinating completion of orders.
– Process sales of all sizes, including scheduling deliveries.
– Make suggestions to nursery buyers for sourcing standard or novel stock items.
– Provide horticultural knowledge to the wider team as required.
– Creating a monthly trade stock capture and scheduling distribution via email list.
– Carrying out correct retail procedures including cashing up, refunds, voucher sales etc.
– Keep the retail/trade sales office tidy, organized and functional.
– Assisting with watering plants and cleaning & restocking of retail environment as needed.
– Tagging and picking orders, as well as delegating and managing this where appropriate.
Full time, Tuesday-Saturday.
Salary is £27,000-£29,000 + bonus p.a depending on experience. 28 days paid holiday.