Plant Department Manger
Job Ref H300
To lead the plant department in this site, taking ownership for sales, service, cost control, people leadership. Working as part of a wider team to deliver an excellent customer environment. This role would suit an established plant expert or supervisor looking for a first management appointment.
- Oversee the maintenance of plant stock.
- Implement inventory control measures to minimize waste and optimize stock levels.
- Lead, train, and inspire a team of plant specialists.
- Ensure an exceptional customer experience through knowledgeable and friendly staff.
- Implement initiatives to enhance the visual appeal and accessibility of the plant area.
- Address customer inquiries and concerns with a focus on satisfaction.
- Work closely with the visual merchandising team to create visually appealing and seasonally relevant displays.
- Maintain the overall aesthetics of the plant area, ensuring cleanliness and organization.
- Manage pests and disease.
- Managing watering and plant health processes.
- Achieve sales targets for the plant department.
- Analyze sales data to identify trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate with other departments to maximize cross-selling opportunities.
- Proven experience in plant management, horticulture, or a related field.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- In-depth knowledge of plants, gardening practices, and seasonal trends.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to analyze sales data and implement strategies for improvement
If this Plant Department Manager vacancy is of interest, please apply or us on 01233 732767 or email@example.com.
To view more garden centre jobs, click Retail.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Plant Department Manager vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Plant Department Manager vacancy will have been unsuccessful.