Plant Area Supervisor
Working For: Horticruitment
Plant Area Supervisor required
Job Ref: R003
Our client is a large family run Garden Centre on the stunning island of Jersey who are looking for a knowledgeable and experienced Plant Area Supervisor to assist the Manager in running the horticultural side of the centre.
Working with the Plant Area Manager you will help to increase sales through promoting great customer service, proactive selling, and careful stock management. You will assist the manager with placing of plant orders and checking in stock accurately as well as guiding and supervising colleagues in plant care and the merchandising of the plant area.
Over your 40 hours a week you will be overseeing the plant area maintenance from watering to weeding and from checking in arriving plants to displaying stock in the right location as well as ensuring that our customers remain a priority.
Ideal candidates will have strong horticultural knowledge as well as retail supervisory experience. They will enjoy talking to and helping customers and love working outside.
- Increasing Sales
- Face to Face Selling
- Following up Customer Enquiries
- Ensure area is well stocked either from replenishing from the stores area or working with the Department Manager to ensure the right levels of stock are being purchased to meet demand.
- Placing orders with Suppliers under the direction of the Department Manager.
- Getting the “right” range by working with the Department Manager and passing on Customer feedback and their own suggestions on which products are working, not working or missing.
- Presentation, Merchandising, appropriate signage and accurate pricing.
- Utilise targeted Promo’s, Discounts and Linked/Companion Products along with producing the appropriate signage and using display techniques to increase sales.
- Ensure all products are clearly priced and to ensure any system price updates are reflected on the plant area price labelling in a timely manner.
- Ensure stock accuracy and tackle causes of stock balance errors
- Ensure correct stock rotation procedures are in place to avoid wastage due to “out of date” stock.
- Reduction of “waste” and its accurate & timely recording
- Minimise “own use” and its accurate & timely recording
- Stock counting program & accuracy
- To deputise for the Department Manager in their absence.
In addition to a competitive salary our client is also offering a re-location package to assist with the move to Jersey, enrolment in its health plan and inclusion in its monthly revenue sharing bonus scheme.
If this Plant Area Supervisor vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Tom Little on 01233 732767 or email@example.com
To view more garden centre jobs, click Retail.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Plant Area Supervisor vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Plant Area Supervisor vacancy will have been unsuccessful.