Operations Manager required.
Job Ref: I905
Our client is a successful Commercial Facilities Maintenance company based on the Hampshire/Surrey border, who are dedicated to servicing their clients’ properties to the highest standards.
As well as building and grounds maintenance contracts, our client provides a 24/7 response to any internal or external issues arising at their portfolio of properties. They have an outstanding service desk team that works closely with their fabric and landscaping divisions to offer the highest standard of service supported by sub-contractors and in house grounds maintenance personnel.
The successful candidate will report to the head of landscaping and will take responsibility for the management of grounds maintenance contracts and teams in various locations along the M25, M4 & M3 corridors.
- Oversee the daily operational tasks within your area/client portfolio, managing groundwork teams and sub-contractors schedules as well as completing timesheets, risk assessments and monitoring the overall performance & manage staff performance and disciplinary matters.
- Actively seek out new business opportunities within your area.
- Attending client meetings and pricing and quoting of additional works on current contracts.
- Assisting the Senior Operations Manager with new client bids and tenders and help maximise contract margins.
- Liaising with foremen, ground staff, subcontractors and helpdesk to ensure updates and progress of works are accurately recorded.
- Monitoring of job/contract expenditures ensuring financial budgets are maintained as well as accurate and timely submissions of data.
- Ensure compliance of all H&S regulations and environmental regulations and policies.
- Manage depots and yards within your designated area ensuring they are tidy and comply with all relevant regulations.
- Maintain the highest standard of service to clients and suppliers.
- Actively work to increase the horticultural knowledge of your team and monitor staff training needs.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with clients, suppliers, contractors and employees.
- A great communicator.
- Able to deliver targets and exceptional client service.
- Experience managing both large static sites & mobile teams.
- Strong horticultural knowledge.
- Effective time management and excellent admin skills.
- Sound IT skills.
- Knowledge of H&S legislation and regulations applicable to the role.
- Understands financial budgets and forecasting.
- Able to work under pressure and enjoy hitting deadlines.
- Flexible and adapts to change.
- Bonus Package (after probation)
- Wellness days scheme (after probation)
- Company Car
- Group Life Assurance Benefit Scheme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Salary: Negotiable
If this Operations Manager vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Tom Little on 01233 732767 or email@example.com
To view more Landscape jobs, click Landscape.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Operations Manager vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Operations Manager vacancy will have been unsuccessful.