Hard Landscaper required
Job Ref C047
Our client is a small business based in Meopham, Kent and are now expanding due to the high demand for their services. They are looking to employ a candidate who has the potential to stay within the business for the long term and contribute towards their vision for the future. The vast majority of their clients opt to use the client for the build of their design, and they also undertake independent landscaping projects. They operate on mainly domestic projects but with the right size team, they will look for commercial opportunities in the future.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a skilled, hard landscaper to lead a team and complete hard landscaping projects within Kent and the surrounding areas. The successful candidate will have sufficient experience and be fully qualified in paving, brick work, decking, fencing, carpentry, water features and other associated skills. He / She will lead a small team and oversee all aspects of the quality of work. The main duties and responsibilities required for the position include, but are not limited to:
- Be fully capable of working from design plans
- Maintain the very highest quality of work to industry standards
- Have the ability to solve and work around unforeseen issues during the build
- Be able to complete landscaping projects within the allotted time
- Be able to guide the team on correct techniques and develop their skills if possible
- To be able to take instructions from senior staff respectfully, if given
- To set clear boundaries for the team regarding timekeeping, behaviour during work time etc.
- Follow health and safety guidelines and always wear the provided personal protective equipment, ensuring the team do also
He / She will be confident using a range of garden machinery and power tools and appropriate machine tickets such as NPORS or CSCS will be advantageous for this position. A full driving licence is required for the role.
Requirements for the position are as follows:
- Be highly motivated
- Have good communication skills and able to deal with staff, clients, contractors, suppliers and other colleagues
- Be fully responsible and accountable for your own actions
- Be forward thinking to help the company achieve its goals
- Promote the business in a positive manor acting as an ambassador for the business
A company van and mobile phone will be provided at the appropriate time for work use. Working hours are 40 a week, usually Monday to Friday, but depending on projects and timescales flexibility to work at weekends/bank holidays may be required.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced hard landscaper to join a growing company at an exciting time in their development.
If this Hard Landscaper vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Bevan Andrews on 01233 732767 or email@example.com.
To view more Landscape jobs, click Landscape.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Hard Landscaper vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Hard Landscaper vacancy will have been unsuccessful.