Job Ref X080
Our client is an established, successful commercial grounds maintenance company that’s been running for almost 40 years; they are dedicated to providing an outstanding level of service from quotation to completion. Servicing both the public and private sectors in London and the surrounding home counties, they are able to undertake all aspects of grounds maintenance whilst observing horticultural best practices at all times. The very nature of their business requires a sound understanding of environmental issues and opportunities for reducing the impact of their operations; with this in mind the company has gained accreditation to the ISO 14004 Environmental standard with certification awarded in 2011.The company is also a member of BALI and has won a National Principle Award in Grounds Maintenance Now a rare opportunity has arisen for an Experienced Gardener to help maintain their prestigious site in Putney on a full time, permanent basis.
This is an exciting position and would suit an experienced gardener who has the ability to make a lasting impact for the gardens and their visitors. The site, which covers approximately 5-acres contains formal lawns, rose beds, mixed borders, a herb garden as well as a large lavender garden. The successful candidate will be playing an important part of the development of the gardens and ongoing maintenance of the site.
Main duties will include:
- Maintaining the gardens to the highest standard of horticultural practice
- Pest identification and formal lawn care and treatment
- Implementing planting plans and re-working established borders
- Plant and border maintenance, with experiences with a wide range of plants including roses
- Exceptional attention to detail and a pro-active approach to work, being very self-motivated
- Liaising with the client on site, making sure high standards are met and they are happy with the service provided
- Working on a sole basis, however support from other locally based teams will be available where needed
- Ensure tools, equipment, machinery, and vehicles are in good working order and routinely maintained
- Manage, supervise, and assist with landscaping projects and the ongoing maintenance of the site
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, well presented, organised and have a good eye for detail and able to carry out work with minimum supervision.
- Applicants should have a demonstrable background in horticulture and have a minimum of three years’ experience.
- Excellent plant knowledge with a horticultural qualification desirable but not essential
- Great practical skills and a good level of competency in the operation and basic maintenance of lawn mowers and handheld machinery
- PA1 and PA6 spraying certificates are desirable but not essential, as is a full clean driving licence
Uniform and PPE are provided, and ongoing training and development are strongly supported by the company.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 7am-4:30pm with some Saturday overtime available
Candidates are offered 28 days annual holiday including Bank Holidays
Please note all employees will be required to undergo and Enhanced DBS application
If this Gardener vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Sophie Sharpe on 01233 732767 or email@example.com.
To view more Gardening jobs click Gardening or to view Landscape jobs click Landscape.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Gardener vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Gardener vacancy will have been unsuccessful.