Cash and Carry Manager required.
Job Ref: K633
Our client is a family owned, leading domestic landscape business based in the West Midlands, that has been established for nearly 50 years, offering an extensive range of homegrown, quality plant material. Customers from the trade, design, landscape, and commercial sectors can tap into their wealth of experience and horticultural knowledge to guide them through their plant selections. As part of the company’s ambitious growth and diversification plans, they have expanded their wholesale Cash & Carry operations at their 7-acre Nursery site. The company has plans to expand further its trading activity into the landscape market and thus has created an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated person with a can-do attitude to join their friendly, people focused team as Cash and Carry Manager to grow alongside the business.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wishes to develop a great career in a modern, creative company with great values. The role requires a person to manage, develop and grow sales through the Cash & Carry unit and build sales into the local landscaping marketplace. You will be working with the management team to ensure that the nursery is stocked with the appropriate product lines that meet the needs to the clients whilst ensuring regular stock turn to enable to nursery to maintain high quality standards, including being creatively displayed and presented. The role involves working closely with procurement, despatch, and production to ensure that as a team the company deliver a great service to their clients.
- Manage and develop the Cash & Carry and local sales team
- Generating new clients and promoting the business in the local area, whilst growing existing accounts
- Assisting clients with their purchases on the Cash & Carry with suitable plant selections
- Pricing incoming Cash & Carry stock and customer enquiries to maximise potential profit margins
- Ensuring sales orders are processed efficiently, whilst following up on quotes and where possible convert to orders
- Working closely with marketing to ensure well targeted marketing spend, providing contend and ideas, and helping in the development of the online sales platform
- Attending trade stands and events to promote the company
- Looking at new stock lines that add value
- Working with Procurement to build a suitable supplier base and assisting with forward planning for future stock requirements
This position would suit someone who has experience in a customer facing role, preferably in a horticultural environment such as a garden centre, nursery, or related industry. The ideal candidate will need to be reliable with a passion for customer service, have a positive attitude, be well organised and be able to work well under pressure. Be comfortable managing and developing your own team, with good problem-solving skills.
- Working hours 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday
- 40-hour week
- Pension scheme with up to 3% contribution matching
- 23 Days holiday per annum plus public holidays
- Staff discount
If this Cash and Carry Manager vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Sophie Sharpe on 01233 732767 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To view more Nursery jobs, click Nursery.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Cash and Carry Manager vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Cash and Carry Manager vacancy will have been unsuccessful.