Contracts Manager Job
Job Ref R812
Our client is a multiple award-winning garden design and build company now have available a Contracts Manager job. The position will have the responsibility for estimating and project-managing landscape projects that reflect the business’ commitment to client satisfaction and the highest quality standards. Our client is at that perfect stage of business development – they are small enough for the successful candidate to make a major difference to the team, while being big enough to have the resources to do exciting things. If you are passionate about creating bespoke spaces that people love like our client is, please read on.
Your key responsibilities will be:
For the position of Contracts Manager the company offer their services to a wide range of clients including high end domestic, as well as luxurious commercial sites within London and the surrounding areas. Contracts range from £150,000 to £1.5 million with multiple projects being live at anyone time, so candidates must have extensive experience in managing these important, high end projects.
- To prepare, present and progress estimates for high-end residential and commercial landscaping schemes with the assistance from our in-house estimator.
- To manage Profit and Loss for individual projects.
- To source hardscaping materials and plants, working in partnership with suppliers.
- To coach and mentor Landscaping Team Leaders.
- To champion and ensure compliance on all sites to the company’s Code of Conduct, Landscaping Standard Operating Procedures and Health and Safety Policy.
- To build and sustain excellent client relationships.
- To work collaboratively with designers, specialist contractors and other parties involved in projects (e.g. architects and engineers).
Skills and outlook:
Excellent understanding of landscape design and build is key for this tole. You need to be educated to degree level or similar vocational qualification, with at least 5 years’ experience at managerial level of:
- Costing & project managing high-end residential schemes.
- Managing in-house teams and specialist contractors
- Working effectively with discerning clients
- Collaborating with other professionals including garden designers, architects and engineers.
- In addition, you need to demonstrate:
- Strong focus on client satisfaction and excellent client-facing skills
- Passion for landscaping craftmanship and quality
- Good plant knowledge
- Professional communication abilities (verbal and written) & negotiation skills
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- It would also be an advantage (but not essential) to offer design skills and experience of the design and build process.
It would also be an advantage (but not essential) to offer design skills and experience of the design and build process.
If this Contracts Manager vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Sophie Sharpe on 01233 732767 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view more Landscape jobs, click Landscape.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Contracts Manager vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Contracts Manager vacancy will have been unsuccessful.