Senior Plantarea Manager required
Job Ref D199
Our client is a long-established independent family business, continually evolving and striving for impeccable retail standards with exciting development plans based near Lakenheath, Norfolk.
An innovative and experienced manager who is strong and enthusiastic is required to lead the strategic development of the External Gardening offer to a market leading position with a focus on trends, sustainability, and consideration to our client’s brand image.
Applicants must have a wide knowledge in horticulture and sustainability, with experience in retail and personnel management. They must have a positive attitude, excellent communication skills, know how to achieve KPIs effectively and have a desire to work with our senior management team to drive the overall success of the business.
The successful candidate will lead the strategic development of the external gardening offer to a market leading position, ensuring synergy throughout the departments. This will be achieved by working closely with the external gardening team to improve the sales and profitability of the department ensuring budgets are achieved. A pivotal focus of this role is to drive the sustainability agenda and coordinate and communicate all activity across the business.
Additional roles and responsibilities include:
- To improve the sales and profitability of the department ensuring budgets are achieved
- To oversee the efficient running of the department on a day-to-day basis
- To recruit as necessary to meet the agreed head count
- To manage the team on a day-to-day basis, their motivation and morale
- To carry out the agreed procedures for Health and Safety
- To hold regular weekly meetings with the team to improve performance
- To actively promote sundries, encouraging link sales and up-sales wherever possible
- To conduct weekly site walks with the General Manager
- To attend trade shows, industry events and other garden centres as required
The working hours for the position are 42 hours per week to include bank holidays and alternate weekends with a set day off in the week. Benefits included with this role are 28 days holiday, a pension scheme, staff discount, subsidised staff menu, welfare support and the chance to join a strong, progressive and successful team.
If this Senior Plantarea Manager vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Sophie Sharpe on 01233 732767 or email@example.com.
To view more garden centre jobs, click Retail.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Senior Plantarea Manager vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Senior Plantarea Manager vacancy will have been unsuccessful.