Senior Landscape Architect
Working For: Horticruitment
Senior Landscape Architect required.
Job Ref: A199
Our client is one of the UK’s leading garden designers that has worked on gardens all around the world, with a considerable portfolio that includes iconic commercial projects and public spaces in London to private and public country estates; and has won 9 RHS Gold medals from the RHS Chelsea Flower Show, including 3 Best in Show. Based in Brighton, their team of Landscape Architects, Urban Designers, accomplished Horticulturalists and Garden Designers are a highly skilled, multi-disciplinary team allowing them to work across a wide range of scales and cultures. The practice is small enough to enjoy close working relationships with their clients yet large enough to handle complex, longer-term schemes. As a company they thrive on the projects they undertake which are geographically diverse as they are in style; they are a registered practice of the Landscape Institute, and the Principal is a Fellow of the Society of Garden Designers.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
The Senior Landscape Architect will direct the delivery of the development, design, and co-ordination of a wide range of private and commercial landscape projects, under the guidance of a team leader or associate.
- Direct the delivery of the companies’ services within budgets, targets and timescales agreed with Line Managers and the Principal.
- Lead, motivate and develop more junior members of the team and contribute to development programs for project team members.
- To assist in the preparation of graphical information for presentations, concept design and detail design, as well as presenting these projects to potential clients from private and public sectors.
- To assist and implement a broad range of landscape projects, liaising with clients and contractors, preparing contract documentation, appointment, and supervision of contractors (including internal teams) and contract administration.
- Responsibility for Construction Design Management and Health & Safety legislation affecting project implementation on projects and be able to take appropriate steps to implement its compliance.
- To promote Landscape Design excellence and enable the company to achieve its objective to lead the field in design.
Essential skills and attributes:
- A degree / MA in Landscape Architecture
- Qualification or experience in Landscape or Garden Design
- CMLI registered or on the Pathway to Chartership.
- Professional experience working in a landscape design studio.
- Good horticultural knowledge is desirable.
- Good construction knowledge is required.
- Dedicated, organised, self-motivated and willing to work on a range of projects.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and within a team.
- Can work under pressure and to the highest standard for project deadlines.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
Proficiency in the following software:
- Revit / BIM
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Microsoft Office
- NBS Chorus
What the position offers:
The company offers a comprehensive package of employee benefits to look after their staff and their families; some benefits are dependent on length of service or level or role within the company.
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Occupational Sick Pay
- Income Protection & Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Professional Development
- Membership Fees & study support
- Cycle to work scheme
Working hours for this role are 40hrs per week 9am-6pm with flexible & hybrid working
If this Senior Landscape Architect vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Sophie Sharpe on 01233 732767 or email@example.com
To view more Landscape jobs, click Landscape.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Senior Landscape Architect vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Senior Landscape Architect vacancy will have been unsuccessful.