Plantarea Manager required
Job Ref G024
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Plantarea Manager to join a family run, independent garden centre near Wigan. Established in the 1980’s, this thriving garden centre offers a wide range of plants, garden furniture, homeware and garden related products to local customers and passing coach parties from the nearby M6 motorway. The garden centre also contains a range of franchises including well known national brands. As Plantarea Manager you will play a vital role in delivering excellent customer service, increasing plant sales, and enhancing plant displays on the centre. The company has plans to further expand the plant offer and is looking for a passionate and driven individual to deliver sales growth while maintaining margins and high standards.
As a Plantarea Manager, you will deliver an exceptional service to customers, ensuring the quality of the plants are presented to a high standard. In this fast-pace, hands on role, you will focus on all areas of plant care/sales. You will also have key-holder responsibilities and deputise in the absence of the Garden Centre Manager.
- Working with the Centre Manager to ensure the smooth running of the Plantarea.
- Working proactively, enthusiastically and with drive to succeed.
- Key Holder – Acting as Duty Manager in the absence of the Centre Manager on their weekday and alternate weekend off work and providing cover for the Centre Manager when on business days off site, days off or holiday/sickness.
- Working closely with the company plant buyer to make sure the centre is displaying an appealing range of stock
- Keeping track of all department KPI’s, identifying best sellers and weaker lines and reporting back to wider management.
- Checking and receiving deliveries of product following the required procedure.
- Merchandising of product to the required standards.
- Maintenance of stock through watering and health control to the required standard, ensuring wastage is minimized.
- Maintaining signage to the required standard for Merchandising and Sales.
- Develop, motivate, and lead your team and monitor their performance and ongoing training.
- Work with your team to make sure we continue to deliver an unrivalled plant offering
- Ensuring a high level of customer service is maintained.
- Ensuring all staff in the plantarea area are fully informed and carry out their duties in an efficient manner.
As the Plantarea Manager, you’ll need to have the following experience:
- A proven track record in garden centre retailing with several years’ experience working in a Plantarea of Nursery
- Extensive plant knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A strong understanding of EPOS systems
- A strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit
- A qualification in a horticultural subject would also be an advantage
- Forklift licence and PA1 & PA6 spraying certificates are strongly desirable but not essential
- A full clean driving licence is essential for this role.
If you have experience in any of the following areas, we would like to hear from you.
- Nursery Manager
- Nursery Supervisor
- Nursery Team Leader
- Plantarea Assistant/Supervisor
- Plantarea Assistant Manager.
If this Plantarea Manager vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Sophie Sharpe on 01233 732767 or email@example.com.
To view more garden centre jobs, click Retail.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Plantarea Manager vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Plantarea Manager vacancy will have been unsuccessful.