Plant Care Manager required
Job Ref B766
Established in the early 1960s, our client has grown to become one of the leading suppliers to the British landscaping industry. From their 40-acre container site, they produce and contract-grow a huge variety of plants, shrubs and trees, which is supplemented with specialised stock from a trusted network of UK and European-based suppliers
Due to continued growth, an opportunity has arisen for a Plant Care Manager to join the Production team based in Shropshire. Reporting into the Production Director, the role will include the responsibility for meeting the quality requirements of growing stock, through appropriate and timely plant husbandry activity. Additionally, to provide direction, support, and development to the plant husbandry team ensuring they thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. This is a hands on position where the suitable candidate will be expected to lead by example.
- Lead and develop the Plant Care team, identifying personnel development requirements and ensuring delivery.
- Ensure appropriate growing space requirements are met in liaison with Container Supervisor.
- Manage and maintain appropriate irrigation delivery for all growing crops.
- Ensure plant husbandry is completed to meet specific quality requirements and sales windows.
- Working with Crop Protection Supervisor to ensure Pest and Disease control requirements are met.
- Improve on and maintain weed control across site.
- Contribute to development of the Company’s technical knowledge, best practise, and innovation.
- Ensure legislative compliance.
- Provide plant care back up as required on other sites.
- Experienced grower with good horticultural knowledge and skill base.
- P&D knowledge
- A multitasker with excellent organisational skills.
- Able to develop and motivate team.
- Enthusiastic, practical, and driven to succeed.
- Plans and monitors effectively to ensure teams’ productivity.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- IT skills.
This position is 39 hours per week, worked between 7:30 to 4:30 Monday to Thursday and 7:30 to 3:30 Friday. Benefits include, 23 days holiday, plus bank holidays, increasing after 5 years’ service. Birthday Leave. Healthcare Plan. Pension. Cycle to Work Scheme. Refer a friend Scheme. Employee of the Month Scheme.
If this Plant Care Manager vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Niall Anderson on 01233 732767 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view more Nursery jobs, click Nursery.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Plant Care Manager vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Plant Care Manager vacancy will have been unsuccessful.