Plant Buyer required
Job Ref P202
The client is one of the UKs leading and largest online tree suppliers with over 20 years of industry experience. They are looking to recruit an experienced Plant Buyer to join the existing Senior Management Team. Reporting to and working alongside the Managing Director, the successful candidate will have sole responsibility for buying, managing the process throughout from building relationships with suppliers to expanding product ranges and negotiating the best deals.
Business Skills and Duties:
- Highly commercial experienced buyer with horticulture experience, ideally with non-tree plants and hard goods categories.
- E-commerce experience is preferred, but not essential.
- Systems literate and able to support applications rollout such as supplier portals.
- Supporting the sale of both stocked and drop-shipped products.
- Buy price and terms negotiation, forecasting and reserves commitments.
- Sales price monitoring and price setting.
- Stock responsibility.
- Promotion planning.
- Marketing support.
- Short term priority: understand existing range and suppliers and provide immediate support.
- Medium Term (but still in 2024): develop new range plans, bring suppliers on board and support launch of products on the website.
The company is a small business comprised of a team who are highly motivated individuals, therefore they are seeking an individual with a similar attitude to work, an understanding of profits and a passion for both horticulture and the delivery of excellent customer service. The client is willing to support remote working and therefore expect applicants to be self-motivated and independent individuals. Excellent communications skills will be key for this vacancy, in order to engage effectively with suppliers and the existing team.
Applicants will require a full driving license, due to the travel requirements of meeting suppliers, with expenses covered by the employer. Holiday allowance is a generous 25 Days plus Bank Holidays.
If this Plant Buyer vacancy is of interest please apply or contact Tom Little on 01233 732767 or email@example.com
To view more Nursery jobs, click Nursery.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Plant Buyer vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Plant Buyer vacancy will have been unsuccessful.