Outdoor Team Leader
Working For: Horticruitment
Outdoor Team Leader required
Job Ref H244
Our client is dedicated to being the best garden centre possible, providing customers with quality products, trustworthy advice, value for money and inspirational ideas to create the gardens they aspire to. They are proud of their heritage and being an independent family-owned business, that look after and nurture plants and only buy the best quality products. They are constantly looking for ways to improve how they operate, this in turn enables the business to reinvest, securing long term future of the business. They are currently seeking an Outdoor Team Leader to support the trading manager to ensure excellent customer sales and service.
As an Outdoor Team Leader you will deliver an exceptional service to customers, ensuring the quality of the plants are presented to a high standard. In this fast-pace, hands on role, you will focus on all areas of plant care/sales. You will also have key-holder responsibilities and deputise in the absence of the Trading Manager
- Working with the Trading Manager to ensure the smooth running of the Plantarea.
- Key Holder – providing Duty manager cover on a rota basis and to cover days off / holiday / sickness.
- Keeping track of all department KPI’s, identifying best sellers and weaker lines and reporting back to wider management.
- Checking and receiving deliveries of product following the required procedure.
- Merchandising of product to the required standards.
- Maintenance of stock through watering and health control to the required standard, ensuring wastage is minimized.
- Maintaining signage to the required standard for Merchandising and Sales.
- Recruit, develop, motivate, and lead your team and monitor their performance and ongoing training.
- Work with your team to make sure you continue to deliver an unrivalled plant offering.
- Ensuring a high level of customer service is maintained.
- Ensuring all staff in the plantarea area are fully informed and carry out their duties in an efficient manner.
The appointed person will possess retail experience working within a horticultural environment with an extensive knowledge of garden plants, bedding, and hardy stock, including their care and cultivation.
As the Outdoor Team Leader, you’ll need to have the following experience:
- A proven track record in garden centre retailing with several years’ experience working in a Plantarea or Nursery.
- Extensive plant knowledge.
- Experience managing a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A strong understanding of EPOS systems.
- A strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A qualification in a horticultural subject would also be an advantage.
If you have experience in any of the following areas, we would like to hear from you.
- Nursery Manager
- Nursery Supervisor
- Nursery Team Leader
- Plantarea Assistant/Supervisor
- Plantarea Assistant Manager.
If this Outdoor Team Leader vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Sophie Sharpe on 01233 732767 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To view more garden centre jobs, click Retail.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Outdoor Team Leader vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Outdoor Team Leader vacancy will have been unsuccessful.