Operations and Business Manager vacancy
Job Ref S266
Our client is a regional contractor providing a high-quality service to registered social landlords and local authorities. There are three divisions within the group: grounds maintenance and cleaning services and minor construction work.
- Accountable for the operational management of the company, ensuring that each division is providing an efficient, timely and cost-effective service to all clients.
- Managing the day-to-day work and development of Contracts Managers, Supervisors and Admin.
- Accountable for work plans and schedules produced by contract managers and ensure they are in adherence to contractual agreements, and are implemented in a manner which optimises the use of resources and cost effectiveness
- Accountable for estimates for additional works and participate in evaluation of works and pricing of tenders
- Promoting positive relationships with clients, subcontractors and other parties to maximise generation of additional works and contract renewals
- Attending regular accountability sessions with the Directors so that the short-, medium- and long-term strategy goals are achieved.
- Managing performance in adherence to HR policies and procedures
- Reporting on performance to the Directors on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety policies and procedures at all times
- Accountable for financial performance including budgeting and profitability at contract and departmental level
Key Results areas:
- Accountable for developing and managing client relationships, with the expectation that this will be measured through customer surveys, achievement of additional works and successful re-tendering.
- Overseeing all cleaning, GM and building contracts to ensure that work is completed in line with work specifications and KPI’s.
- Managing the team to ensure that objectives are met
- Accountable for workforce and resource planning, presenting a business case to the Directors if additional personnel or equipment is required
- Identifying new opportunities on existing contracts, agreeing the additional costs in collaboration with the Directors
- Assist the Directors in the preparation of tenders
- Working as part of the management team to contribute to the direction of growth for the business
- Continually review and identify additional opportunities from the existing contract base.
- To manage the commercial requirements within each division and prepare and manage allocated budgets for operational purposes.
- Advising the Finance Manager of any amends or omits on contracts that have a financial impact for invoicing purposes
- Maximise profitability, ensure value for money and identify efficiency saving both for the company and its clients
- Uphold and manage expected standards of behaviour and attitude in line with Company HR policies and procedures, particularly the Staff Code of Conduct, Promoting Dignity at Work and the Disciplinary Policy and Procedure.
- Lead regular management meetings and contribute to the overall direction and management of the business
- To participate in staff development, training and performance appraisals to ensure continuous development
Health & Safety
- Responsible for promoting, maintaining and developing an awareness and compliance of health and safety in accordance with best practice and legal requirement
If this Operations & Business Manager vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Sara Yassin on 01233 732767 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view more Landscape jobs, click Landscape.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Operations & Business Manager vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Operations & Business Manager vacancy will have been unsuccessful.