Maintenance Manager required
Job Ref L509
Our client is a highly experienced, award-winning landscape design and maintenance company based in West London, which focuses on high-end landscape design and build along with a garden Maintenance Division. The Construction Division has experience in constructing landscapes from the smallest of roof terraces to the most expensive and luxurious of properties. They specialise, in particular, in the implementation of high-quality, bespoke landscape schemes, including bespoke water features, sculptures and intricate stonework. As the demand for maintenance services have increased they now seek a Maintenance Manager to join their team, and to lead this division.
We seek an experienced Maintenance Manager, reporting directly to the Director. You will be responsible for the maintenance side of the company, working alongside the Director this varied role will involve coordinating the company’s ongoing & new maintenance contracts. The main responsibility would be to ensure that high-quality garden maintenance and soft landscaping is carried out and delivered to the client’s requirements. As well as undertaking large and small scale planting, turfing and plant procurement. This position will require candidates that have excellent organisation and client liaison skills.
– Up-to-date working knowledge of methods, materials, tools and equipment used in garden maintenance operations with a sound knowledge of horticultural practices (planting, pruning, fertilising, etc), growth characteristics and identification of a wide variety of plants.
– A confident managing staff able to provide a clear direction and inspire those around you, promptly and efficiently addressing personnel issues and training and development needs. Demonstrating a commitment to teamwork and create value not only for self but for others.
– Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining a positive can-do attitude·
– Good at relationship-building with the management with a·strong attention to detail
– Ability to be a problem solver, identify and resolve issues with efficiency and be focus on the overall objectives of the team to continuously improve ·
– Be results-focused, proactively delivering value that will directly lead to the achievement of business results
Candidates should be experienced and effective Garden Maintenance, with previous experience working on prestigious residential projects. You should have in-depth knowledge of completing reports and contracts as well as tender documents. You should have experience managing budgets and reporting to senior management. You will be able to effectively communicate on all levels and have good IT skills.
To view more Landscape jobs, click Landscape.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Maintenance Manager vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to everyone. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Maintenance Manager vacancy will have been unsuccessful.