Maintenanace Manager required
Job Ref G017
Established in 2019 our client has won multiple prestigious awards for innovation in garden design, creation, and maintenance in both domestic and public green spaces. They are proud to design and care for gardens that put nature first; by sourcing conscious materials and making dynamic planting choices; their creations offer immersive, engaging environments for their customers as well as the wildlife that use them. Working with high-end clients, and some of the most well-regarded designers in the industry, they are rapidly growing and are now looking for a Maintenance Manager to join their highly skilled and dedicated team. Areas the client covers include North, East, and West London plus some areas of Hertfordshire.
Our client is looking for a special candidate that is highly competent, knowledgeable, proactive with excellent communication skills. They are a progressive company with a passion for sustainability, improving biodiversity, naturalistic planting, and excellence in garden design. This ethos should be in line with applicants’ values, and they are keen to talk to candidates that are excited to be at the forefront of current gardening practices. Duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Managing a team of 3 full time, and 3 part time employees and to help manage company growth
- Heading up the gardening rounds on the ground, and within the office
- Being the first point of customer contact, and acting as an ambassador of the company dealing with any questions or queries the clients may have
- Conducting formal, quarterly reviews of the gardens, and providing management with rolling updates
- Hosting regular meetings with the teams, and dealing with all staff related issues
- Organising scheduling, supplies and sundries for projects
- Adhering to and implementing all forms of Health and Safety and tool maintenance
- Seasonal planning
The successful candidate will have excellent horticultural knowledge with a recognised horticultural qualification being highly desirable. A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the horticultural sector with a passion for innovation in the industry is essential, as is a good understanding a wide variety of landscape strategies and knowledge of organic gardening techniques. Also essential for the role are:
- Good management skills
- Strong IT skills
- Full UK drivers’ licence with confidence driving in and around London
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
Desirable attributes for candidates to hold is experience working with naturalistic planting styles, with a knowledge of key figures within the industry. Also desirable is competency with project management apps such as Adana and iAuditor.
Working hours are generally 08:00 – 17:00 Monday to Friday.
Company vehicle is provided, as is company phone and laptop, if required.
If this Maintenance Manager vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Sophie Sharpe on 01233 732767 or email@example.com.
To view more Gardening jobs click Gardening or to view Landscape jobs click Landscape.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Maintenance Manager vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Maintenance Manager vacancy will have been unsuccessful.