Landscape Manager required
Job Ref Q770
Our client is an independent landscaping company which offers unparalleled design, installation, and maintenance to commercial properties. With over 40 years’ experience within the commercial sector, BALI award winning and recognised for their outstanding value and quality. Providing landscaping services to high end sites in London and the South East of England, with clients including business parks, urban civic spaces, office estates, hotels, restaurants, retail parks and hospitals. They are now looking to recruit a Landscape Manager for a static site based in Surrey since taking over the site in September 2021. The site holds huge potential, and this is an excellent opportunity for someone to be part of the development of the grounds. Covering approximately 40 acres the site includes manicured gardens, woodland walks, and expansive lawns; with plenty more plans for the grounds in the pipeline.
As Landscape Manager for this stunning site, the successful candidate will play a key role as a member of the landscaping team, leading a team of operatives on the maintenance of all landscape and infrastructure. Playing an important part of the development and ongoing maintenance of the site.
Main duties will include:
- Effectively manage/supervise, motivate, and lead the landscaping team to ensure that activities and tasks are undertaken to the highest possible safety standards and in accordance with the contract terms and KPI’s
- Ensure tools, equipment, machinery, and vehicles are in good working order and routinely maintained
- Manage, supervise, and assist with landscaping projects and the ongoing maintenance of the site
- Proactively report incidents, or concerns offering suggestions regarding the site, clients, or team to the line manager.
- Motivate, and support the ongoing training of the team to help them reach their maximum potential and providing a supportive and visible presence.
The successful candidate will have excellent horticultural knowledge with a recognised horticultural qualification being highly desirable, as well as a PA1/PA6 spraying certificates and chainsaw certificate. A minimum of 4 years’ experience in the horticultural sector with plenty of hands-on experience, as well as a good understanding a wide variety of landscape strategies and knowledge of.
Also essential for the role are:
- Hands on landscaping experience of bedding out, pruning and lawn edging
- Experience with use of a wide range of garden tools and machinery
- A demonstratable ability to establish and sustain a good working relationship within a team, as well as holding the initiative to work alone.
- Basic IT skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Full UK drivers’ licence, preferable with legal and practical ability to use a trailer
This is a full time, permanent role. Working days are Monday to Friday and working hours can be flexible.
If this Landscape Manager vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Sophie Sharpe on 01233 732767 or email@example.com.
To view more Landscape jobs, click Landscape.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to everyone. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application will have been unsuccessful.