Landscape Manager required
Job Ref S999
My client is a long-established company comprising of two well-known garden centres and a very successful landscaping department. The landscaping team, of around 10 members, covers all aspects of domestic and commercial landscaping within North Devon and the surrounding areas. Their reputation is everything, holding BALI membership for a considerable time, they pride themselves on being the go-to landscaping company in the area. Now an exciting opportunity for an experienced, hard working and enthusiastic Landscape Manager who has strong knowledge of the industry, both hard and soft, to join the team and take on many of the tasks currently undertaken by one of the company directors who is looking to take a step back.
Candidates will be working on exciting projects, ranging up to £150,000 in value with multiple projects running at any one time. Main tasks for the Landscape Manager will include but are not limited to:
- Undertake site visits, surveys and meetings with clients as required to discuss projects.
- Basic site surveys, review of drawings and any bills or quantities, then preparation of appropriate quotations.
- Assessing risk and maintaining a safe working environment with regular toolbox talks and record keeping.
- Purchasing and stock control
- Create handover packs and carry out ongoing monitoring of the installation teams during projects.
- Daily processing of worksheets to allow close monitoring of labour and material costs on each project, plus identification of any extras.
- Identify any training needs within the team.
- Invoicing of completed work.
- Active involvement in recruitment of employees.
- Attend regular production meetings with the Directors.
- Candidates applying for the Landscape Manager vacancy will need to have a minimum of 2/3 years’ experience in a similar role within the Landscaping Industry.
- Full drivers’ licence.
- CSCS card holder.
- Computer literacy with Word and Excel. Experience with AutoCAD and design is not essential but advantageous.
- Great communication skills with clients, suppliers and employees.
- Good decision making and problem solving to achieve maximum profits.
- The ability to work on your own initiative.
What our client offers:
- Access to a company vehicle
- Company health scheme
- A friendly, warm and supportive work environment.
This is a full-time permanent vacancy working 45 hours a week.
If this Landscape Manager vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Sophie Sharpe on 01233 732767 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view more Landscape jobs, click Landscape.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Landscape Manager vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Contracts Manager & Estimator vacancy will have been unsuccessful.