Junior Sales Executive
Job Ref B788
With more than 60 years’ experience in the sector, is a horticulture wholesale nursery producing over 2.2 million shrubs, herbaceous and perennial plants per year across their production sites. They have now grown to become one of the leading suppliers to the British landscaping industry. The company is known for its forward-thinking ethos which has allowed them to stay ahead of landscape fashions and trends and become pioneers in plant health management and environmental expertise. Their clients include a wide range of commercial and domestic customers including landscape architects and designers, local authorities, housing projects and nurseries. An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Junior Sales Executive to join the growing team and develop their skills and knowledge in the horticultural industry.
The right candidate will have a good plant knowledge and an understanding of the landscape supply market. Good communication, administration and IT skills are also essential as is the ability to be a self-starter. This a great opportunity for someone to take this newly formed role and shape it themselves. This role will involve dealing with customers on a daily basis whether in person, over the phone and via e-mail and will involve pricing enquiries to developing existing business in an agreed strategy. The suitable candidate will sit alongside the admin and marketing team and learn from the Senior sales team members while growing your own portfolio and budget from an existing one. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to join a dynamic and successful company and to develop their career and skills within the horticultural industry. Key responsibilities will include:
- To adopt and grow a base of existing amenity accounts.
- To price incoming enquires from customers.
- To process orders accordingly and efficiently.
- To follow up outstanding quotations and negotiate orders.
- Work to and record targets as required.
- Support the Senior sales team and help facilitate communication.
- Meet with clients both on and off site in the UK.
- Handling queries & complaints.
- Gathering and sharing product and market information.
This role will require the candidate to have a good horticultural and or landscape supply market knowledge, attributes including:
- Must have sales experience and be able to demonstrate experience of working in a similar role.
- Possess excellent customer service skills both in person and electronically.
- A knowledge in plants and horticulture is essential.
- Be IT Literate, confident with IT systems and a proficient user of Microsoft packages.
- Have excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
This position is Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm and offers 23 days holiday, plus bank holidays, increasing after 5 years’ service. Birthday leave, Healthcare Plan, Pension. Cycle to Work Scheme, Refer a friend Scheme and Employee of the Month Scheme.
If this Junior Sales Executive vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Niall Anderson on 01233 732767 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view more Nursery jobs, click Nursery.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Junior Sales Executive vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Junior Sales Executive will have been unsuccessful.