Junior Manager required.
Job Ref: M009
Our client is seeking a bright individual who will feel comfortable in a busy smaller type of business specialising in ericaceous plants which has built up a highly regarded reputation within the trade. The client is a wholesale nursery supplying Garden Centres large and small over the whole of the UK. The company employs 15 staff with a production manager taking care of the growing side. The role will involve someone coming into the business and working within in all departments to gain a thorough grounding in how the business works and is run on a daily basis.
This will require a bright individual with a solid academic background being a good all-rounder who can demonstrate practical skills and is not afraid to be hands on when required.
The successful candidate will work closely with the production manager and managing director daily to support and learn all aspects of the business including sales. Once proven as a capable manager the successful applicant will look forward to future promotion.
- Knowledge of ornamental plant production would be advantageous, but not essential.
- Understanding of a seasonal business.
- Experience in a management or supervisory role with a focus on up skilling and developing team members.
- Recognising the importance of maintaining plant quality and uniformity.
- Communicate effectively with Production Manager and Managing Director to ensure timescales of the above are met.
- Discuss and implement any perceived efficiencies that can be made in all departments.
- Be an effective team builder and leading by example.
- Supporting the Production Manager in organising and prioritising daily and weekly tasks.
- Be efficient and thorough with accurate record keeping.
- Ability to prepare, present and understand budgets.
- Ensure Health and Safety requirements are up to date and understood by staff.
- A sound working knowledge of Microsoft word and excel would advantageous.
- Any certificates such as forklift use and PA1/PA6 spraying are advantageous. However, training will be provided if necessary.
- Have the foresight to look at new varieties and keep ahead of industry trends.
An ability to engage with our wholesale customers in a friendly professional manner when required will be an essential part of carrying out your role in the future.
The successful candidate will need to live near the nursery or be willing to relocate.
If this Junior Manager vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Tom Little on 01233 732767 or email@example.com
To view more Nursery jobs, click Nursery.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Junior Manager vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Junior Manager vacancy will have been unsuccessful.