Horticultural Maintenance Manager required
Job Ref: L495
Our client has been at the cutting edge of garden design and build for last 10 years and they are passionate about every element of work they carry out. The company works with London’s leading garden designers building projects to high end specifications. Our client employs a small team top quality landscapers and horticulturalists that perform to very high standards of work displaying a wealth of knowledge and taking a personable approach with the clients.
One of the main responsibilities is to deliver the highest customer and horticultural standards, as well as to be able to motivate the team, be organised with a keen eye for detail. Duties will include but not limited to the following;
- Scheduling/organising the diaries for up to four maintenance teams:
- Effective management of the garden maintenance schedules and at least three gardening teams, or more as required, ensuring the teams have the appropriate tools and materials for each job.
- Client Liaison
- Visiting sites of new clients to quote and provide a proposed maintenance schedule, as well as keeping in regular contact with all existing clients and arranging monthly/quarterly site visits to ensure high standards are being maintained
- Raising small quotes / Budgeting
- Managing fee proposals
- Service Monitoring
- Liaising with existing clientele
- Create and continually review maintenance schedules for each site.
- Ensure that work is carried out to a high standard and communicate with clients to see that they are satisfied with the service they are receiving. Where service levels are below acceptable standards, act immediately to remedy the situation before clients complain
- Service Quotations & Schedules:
- Deal with enquiries for new work, as they arise, without delay. Visit the site, meet with clients, where possible, and draw up quotations for the work as soon as you can, but at most within a week of visiting the site.
- Implementing Extras
- Communication with clients to ascertain seasonal planting needs.
- Quoting for and implementing ‘extras,’ jobs over and above the normal scheduled maintenance, i.e., new plants for a client, ensuring these are delivered and planted accordingly.
- Managing seasonal required tasks and activities
- Project Work:
- Being involved with and coordinating the schedule with project work.
- Liaising with in as well as external garden designers regarding planting & installation
The appointed person will need a recognised horticultural qualification with previous experience in horticultural and project management. Additionally, you will need to have comprehensive plant knowledge with the ability to motivate and communicate with operation teams effectively. Have strong time management skills and be able to multitask. A clean driving licence is essential.
If this Horticultural Maintenance Manager vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Sophie Sharpe on 01233 732767 or email@example.com.
To view more Landscape jobs, click Landscape.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Horticultural Maintenance Manager vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Horticultural Maintenance Manager vacancy will have been unsuccessful.