Horticultural Consultant required
Job Ref H047
Our client is a well-established, family business that over the past few years has grown and expanded significantly. As a company they are lucky enough to have worked with some of the finest gardens across the UK including both RHS and National Trust sites, with a wealth of experience in dealing with all manner of gardening projects to both domestic and commercial clients. As a company they create thriving outdoor spaces through beautiful planting, sustainable gardening, and expert landscaping. They help gardens to flourish, and consistently look the best they can. This is done through four core areas of the business – Grounds Maintenance, Instant Tree and Hedges, Automatic Irrigation and Landscape build and plant. Working with designers, architects, builders and private clients, their planting and landscaping teams always offer a bespoke, reliable, and skilled service. This dedicated approach has led them to creating some of the most outstanding outdoor spaces in the country. They love what they do, and they do it well, with a proven track record of very happy existing clients to prove it. They achieve this by employing passionate and productive people and investing in the latest tools and machinery. They are now looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Horticultural Consultant to join the team and assist in the companies ever growing success.
The service has grown over the years through building working relationships with new and existing clients and companies alike. Through these relationships come recommendations from delighted clients, and they take great pride in enhancing the beauty and function of their outdoor spaces. Using exceptional quality, utmost integrity, close relationships, and proven expertise the Horticultural Consultant will play a key role within the company. The Horticultural Consultant will be the main point of contact with clients, both new and existing. You will travel to appointments to offer an at home planting and horticultural consultancy service, where you would meet with clients, provide them with advice and planting recommendations for their requirements. This requires providing expert advice to customers on their site, followed up with a comprehensive professional report.
Main Duties Include:
- Frequent site visits to new and existing customers, providing them with excellent horticultural advice and planting recommendations for their requirements.
- Displaying excellent customer relations with the ability to confidently and openly discuss elements of the client’s garden that need improving and additional care and expansion.
- You will support ongoing sales efforts including researching/prospecting, preparing client pitch materials, and handling ongoing follow-up with prospects)
- Manage and track client prospects and client outreach efforts as well as oversee and manage the client database and ensure regular contact is maintained with each client.
- Network and add new potential clients on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain strong relationships with clients and be the first point of contact should any queries arise.
- Liaise with the design, sales, and landscaping team to ensure all projects are running smoothly.
As Horticultural Consultant you will be in regular contact with clients and be responsible for ensuring their outdoor spaces look impeccable all year round. As a family business their success comes from bringing in great people who share their devotion in horticulture and customer service. They keep their word and are open, honest, and down to earth and will always do what’s best for their clients and the environment. Candidates will hold:
- Excellent horticultural knowledge, with good plant identification and knowledge of the seasons
- As a minimum level 2 horticultural qualification or proven previous experience working in a similar role
- Fantastic customer service skills with the confidence to talk open and honestly with clients about their wants and needs
- The ability to put together prices and quotes
- Experience in creating garden designs both hand drawn or using computer software are extremely desirable.
As this role will involve travelling to different sites, candidates must hold a full clean driving licence
The role will be working Monday to Friday with flexible working hours based on the individual candidate with unlimited overtime available
Although this is a full-time role, the client is willing to consider part time applications for the right candidate.
- Use of a company vehicle
- Yearly and loyalty bonus
- 28 days holiday
- Staff uniform provided
- Onsite parking
- Staff events
- Unlimited overtime
If this Horticultural Consultant vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Sophie Sharpe on 01233 732767 or email@example.com.
To view more Landscape jobs, click Landscape.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Horticultural Consultant vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Horticultural Consultant vacancy will have been unsuccessful.