Horticultural Buyer required
Job Ref B113
Established in the early 1960s, our client has grown to become one of the leading suppliers to the British landscaping industry. From the 40-acre container site in Shropshire, they produce and contract-grow a huge variety of plants, shrubs and trees, which is supplemented with specialised stock from a trusted network of UK and European-based suppliers. Now with an opportunity for a Horticultural Buyer to join the Purchasing Team. You will be responsible for sourcing stock of the correct quality, quantity and cost in a timely manner so that agreed stock levels and orders can be fulfilled as required.
This is a unique opportunity for the right person to join a growing and dynamic team with key responsibilities including:
- Assist in all areas of the buying process as required by the Purchasing Manager.
- Build and maintain good relationships with existing and new suppliers.
- Raising buying lists and communicating requirements with suppliers.
- Develop and maintain catalogues of information regarding suppliers’ range of supply and prices.
- To assist the Purchasing Manager with the supplier selection process.
- Ensure the quality and specification of all items purchased meet or exceed that agreed with the Suppliers.
- Working closely with the Purchasing Manager and our supply base, continuously review and forecast market trends and identify changes which could affect margins, reporting movements to the business in a timely manner.
- To work with a continuous improvement mind set engaging with other functions within the Supply Chain to deliver measurable savings that are beneficial to the company.
- Horticultural knowledge is essential.
- Highly organised and have the ability to prioritise and allocate time effectively.
- Multitasking ability.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of purchasing and supply chain systems, like MRP/ERP systems would be an advantage.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- IT skills specifically in Microsoft office and Excel.
- A self-motivated individual who can work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A full driving license is required as visits to suppliers will be expected as part of the role
This role is a full-time permanent position Monday to Friday (40 hours per week) to be worked between 8:00am – 5pm offering 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, increasing after 5 years’ service. Birthday leave, healthcare plan, pension plan, cycle to work scheme, refer a friend scheme and employee of the month scheme.
If this Horticultural Buyer vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Niall Anderson on 01233 732767 or email@example.com.
To view more Nursery jobs, click Nursery.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Horticultural Buyer vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Horticultural Buyer vacancy will have been unsuccessful.