Horticultural Assistant required
Job Ref C925
Our client based in Central London are seeking a Horticultural assistant to uphold Covent Garden as a botanical oasis within the West End by working alongside the Horticultural team to deliver seasonal changeovers, one-off installations, and ongoing maintenance of all planting across the estate.
The successful applicant will work in collaboration with colleagues and supply partners to build relationships and develop a one team approach, to deliver a best-in-class service representative of a World Class destination.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as an ambassador of Covent Garden and seek out opportunities to provide visitors and occupiers with friendly conversation and background information of the plants used and upcoming installations.
- Maintenance and general presentation of all planting installation, including:
- Dead heading
- Pest and disease monitoring and treatment
- Maintain a high level of H&S awareness, ensuring compliance with statutory regulations at all times
- Ensure a high level of presentation in all areas and report and areas for improvement.
- Report any necessary repairs of garden furniture, outside structures and ad hoc installations
- Support the wider team with daily duties such as garden waste removal and deliveries.
- Liaise with your line manager to agree daily duties and ongoing objectives.
- Undertake PPM and reactive task in accordance with agreed deadlines.
- Support deliveries, the use of consumables and the provision and maintenance of all hand tools, equipment and machinery.
- Support deliveries, the use of consumables and the provision and maintenance of all hand tools, equipment and machinery
- To ensure all work is carried out in a safe and appropriate manner in accordance with Health and safety legislation.
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of client and staff information.
- Maintain a positive and professional relationship with colleagues, clients and visitors.
This is an active and visible role requiring excellent people skills, in order to build relationships with client property team members, sound commercial and supplier management skills as well as keen business ability.
- Candidates are sought who have experience with large-scale, high-end installations while being part of a close knit team.
- Knowledge or COSHH and IOSH training is desirable.
The hours of work are Monday-Friday 8am-4.30pm with some weekend work during the summer months.
If this Horticultural Assistant vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Tom Little on 01233 732767 or email@example.com.
To view more Gardening jobs click Gardening or to view Landscape jobs click Landscape.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Horticultural Assistant vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for Horticultural Assistant will have been unsuccessful.