An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Handyperson to join a beautiful privately owned estate based in the highlands near Inverness. This role would suit a well-rounded and practically minded person with enthusiasm, a ‘can do’ attitude and experience in ensuring the smooth running of a private estate.
The property is large and diverse with Partridge/pheasant shoots held on the wider estate. The gardens are looked after by professional horticulturists, though some basic maintenance may be required of the successful candidate.
The role will predominantly involve the following:
- General maintenance to include painting and decorating. A basic understanding of plumbing, carpentry skills, fencing and a good practical understanding of property upkeep is required.
- The ability to work well with other estate staff with good communication skills, but also to work on their own.
- Ability to understand heating and water systems would be advantageous but not essential.
- Looking after private vehicles
- Keeping a good stock of firewood for the main house including laying up fires when required
- Assisting with clearing fallen branches and leaves
- Maintaining Tennis court
- General strimming around the estate
- Assisting the gardener and game keepers when required during busier periods.
- Help out on shoot days working closely with the owners and housekeeper. This may include some Saturdays over the shooting season for which time in lieu will be given.
The successful candidate will have excellent timekeeping skills, flexibility, and attention to detail. The Handyperson must be able to use own initiative and carry out tasks unsupervised and take pride in their work whilst able to remain neat and tidy doing so. Discretion is required at all times and a respectful attitude towards principals and property is necessary. A full driving license is required.
The position comes with a spacious 2-bedroom semi-detached cottage with a garden set within the estate. It would suit someone that enjoys living remotely and is happy to work in varied weather climates. Council tax is paid by the estate and all other bills are paid by the tenant.
SALARY: £28,000 plus accommodation
JOB No: EC59757
If this Handyperson vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Sara Yassin on 01233 733510 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view more Gardening jobs click Gardening or to view Landscape jobs click Landscape.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Handyperson vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Handyperson vacancy will have been unsuccessful.