Garden Centre Manager required.
Job Ref: W009
Our client is a family run business which has grown considerably in recent years with an ever-increasing customer base and they are now seeking a Garden Centre Manager to join the management team, taking the lead with all daily retail operations of the site. They strive to continuously meet the expectations and demands that are required to keep our homes and gardens glorious all year round and have a passion to deliver unrivalled customer experience.
The ideal candidate will have excellent horticulture experience, a passion for customer service with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Excellent communication skills and great motivation are essential to create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
This role will require the manager to oversee and manage the centre. Setting goals and objectives to increase sales, optimise productivity, reduce costs, maximise profitability and champion customer service.
- To manage the day-to-day running of the site, to ensure the centre is presented and maintained to the required standard
- Policies, procedures, health and safety, customer service standards, merchandising and housekeeping are to be maintained in accordance with company guidelines
- Take positive action to improve the business and to work to achieve goals and action plans agreed with the Directors
- Safeguard Company property against theft, loss or abuse, and investigate all security issues
- Be ahead of seasonal changes, ensuring the Centre is ready on time for Spring, Christmas etc
- Oversee and ensure the department managers negotiate the best supplier deals for the company
- Attend trade shows and supplier showrooms as appropriate.
- Create a positive, productive, enjoyable and motivated working environment
- Instil a positive health and safety culture
- Liaise with the HR Manager to identify and deliver training as per the company requirements
- Responsible for staff rotas including daily management and opening and locking up of the centre
- Ensure staff are assigned shift and breaks to maximise efficiency and optimise levels of customer service
- Recruit team members according to criteria
- Hold regular team briefings and encourage new ideas for building sales and profit
- Effectively communicate and deliver information to the team
Health and Safety
- Responsible for ensuring the Garden Centre is safe & compliant and its services meet the needs of the employees, customers and visitors
- Liaise with the health and safety manager to ensure all policies, procedures and standards are met
- Respond to any safety complaints and concerns raised by employees or customers. The post holder should investigate their claims and put plans into place to remove the danger
- Ensure Key holder responsibilities are carried out according to company guidelines
- Develop and communicate a correct procedure for reporting accidents. Ensuring all employees are aware of the correct reporting procedure
- Confidential information will be kept in accordance with Data Protection Act
QUALIFICATIONS AND / OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A minimum of 5 years garden centre retail management experience
- Candidates must have proven track record and demonstrable experience within a Centre management position
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Hands-on leadership style
- Excellent communication and people skills, in order to form strong relationships with both employees and customers
- Ability to work under pressure and handle challenging situations and demonstrate resilience
- Confidence, drive and enthusiasm
- Understand financial principals involved in retail and be proficient in excel & data analysis
- Full understanding of H&S in the workplace
- A full UK driving licence is required
If this Garden Centre Manager vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Tom Little on 01233 732767 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To view more garden centre jobs, click Retail.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Garden Centre Manager vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Garden Centre Manager vacancy will have been unsuccessful.