Garden Centre Manager
Working For: horticruitment
Garden Centre Manager required
Job Ref B035
Our client is an award winning, independent garden centre based in Hertfordshire, who pride themselves on exceeding customer expectations. Formed in the 1970’s, the family-owned centre seeks to provide excellent customer service and a wide range of thoughtfully sourced products to both engage and excite customers. The centre places emphasis on sourcing from UK suppliers where possible, with 85% of plants coming from UK suppliers including the growth of the majority of bedding offerings in their onsite nursery.
Our client is seeking an experienced leader, who can drive sales and deliver a great customer experience. As the new Garden Centre Manager, you will oversee all areas of the Centre, leading an experienced team of senior department managers and taking additional responsibility for the indoor and outdoor living area.
- Establish Centre and departmental budgets and targets and drive sales and profitability.
- Oversee and ensure the department managers negotiate the best supplier deals for the company.
- Attend trade shows and supplier showrooms as appropriate.
- Lead the management team to ensure our customers get the best service possible.
- As leader of the management team your responsibilities will, inter alia, include key holder duties.
- Lead the training for all employees to ensure all our teams are delivering an excellent customer experience.
- Be key in ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements, ensuring our employees and customers have a safe environment to work and shop in.
- Be ahead of seasonal changes, ensuring the Centre is ready on time for Spring, Christmas etc.
- Work closely with our social media and website teams to ensure content is up to date and relevant.
- Liaise with the teams to ensure effective monthly newsletters and offers are sent to our loyalty card customers.
Candidates must have proven and demonstratable experience within a retail operations management position, preferably a garden centre. Applicants for this role will be driven, having a strong work ethic to maximise their impact on the centre. excellent communication skills will be necessary, in order to form strong relationships with both employees and customers. A full UK driving licence is required.
Alongside a competitive salary of circa £50,000, a range of benefits are on offer to the successful candidate such as store discount, 28 days holiday including bank holidays increasing with up to a maximum of 33 days with long service, workplace pension contribution, on site parking and uniform provided,
If this Garden Centre Manager vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Tom Little on 01233 732767 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To view more garden centre jobs, click Retail.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Garden Centre Manager vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Garden Centre Manager vacancy will have been unsuccessful.