Experienced Gardener required
Job Ref: G233
An exciting opportunity for an experienced gardener, to join a small and prospering award-winning garden management company throughout Surrey, taking part in all general and specialist duties, and assisting in the steady expansion of the business, leading to a complete team and garden management roll.
Our client is responsible for maintaining and developing several large award-winning private gardens in and around the Surrey area and strive for the highest maintenance standards where attention to detail is key, providing a personal service, which is unique to each individual client.
As a member of the team, you must have comprehensive experience and knowledge of working in gardens to a high standard, an understanding of managing gardens annually, and dealing with plants with the correct horticultural practice. In the role you will have the opportunity to develop client and garden designer relationships, so a positive attitude, excellent communication skills, and a drive to go the extra mile are essential. It is important you have good teamwork skills and if necessary are keen to take instruction. Most of all, we would like you to bring a proactive and flexible approach to the role and to integrate into our client’s small but growing team.
Your duties will include: –
- Competent at the annual management of various gardens, solely or in a team, to ensure that quality and visual appearance are maximised through correct horticultural practice. To include:
- Topiary, trees & hedges, annual lawn care, organic vegetable & fruit, plant care & pruning, pest & disease control, plant fertilisation, flower bed on going management, seasonal pot displays, machinery, and tool management.
- Be customer and standards focused and always demand the best – whether that be from your own work or that of your colleagues.
- Aware of all practices garden related.
- Plan, implement and achieve garden maintenance schedules using provided digital software.
- Provide proactive excellent customer service and provide good advice to customers, understanding their garden requirements.
- Be able to suggest improvements to the garden, pruning, planting, border layout, P&D management.
- Managing, motivating, and instructing a team of staff and ensuring suitable standards are met.
- Ensuring health & safety standards are achieved.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience within the industry managing a range of gardening skills annually.
- A RHS Level 2 certificate in horticulture or equivalent experience.
- Able to reliably commute to a location in Puttenham, Surrey before work commences.
- A genuine interest in gardens, working outdoors, and horticulture.
- A drive to progress in your future career.
- An understanding of plants and trees, including botanical names, pests, diseases, and management requirements.
- Knowledge and use of general garden duties, organisation and management of gardens, pedestrian mowers, hedge trimmers, general garden machinery.
- Driving license.
If this Experienced Gardener vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Tom Little on 01233 732767 or email@example.com.
To view more Gardening jobs click Gardening or to view Landscape jobs click Landscape.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Experienced Gardener vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Experienced Gardener vacancy will have been unsuccessful.