Working For: horticruitment
English Country Gardeners and Horticruitment UK have been providing permanent staff for the horticultural and land-based industries since 1989. During that time Horticruitment UK has built up a reputation as one of the leading recruitment agencies specialising in the recruitment of permanent staff for the horticultural industry both in the UK and worldwide.
English Country Gardeners are dedicated to the professional gardener and estate owner. We are firmly placed as the leading agency for the recruitment of permanent professional gardeners.
The Consultant is a key role within the team, reporting directly to the Manager. They will be responsible for ensuring client companies have access to the best quality candidate within the horticultural industry. Consultants manage the entire recruitment process from sourcing candidates through to offer stage and beyond.
The jobholder will have responsibility for fulfilling client briefs and is expected to adopt an enthusiastic, collaborative and client focused approach, ensuring ethical business practices are followed at all times.
Required skills and experience
- Knowledge and experience of the horticulture recruitment market (preferred).
- Knowledge and experience of the recruitment process, in a similar role in a consultancy.
- Previous experience within a sales / commercial environment.
- Excellent persuasion and negotiation skills.
- A strong understanding of the commercial model of a recruitment business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- A desire to develop, progress and build a successful career.
- Excellent personal organisation and time management skills, with an ability to prioritise, stay focused during busy times and meet deadlines.
- Professional and confident in approach and telephone manner.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages, including Excel and Word, and an ability to and interest in learning and using internal IT systems.
- Ambitious and highly motivated, maintaining consistently high level of enthusiasm and a strong desire and ability to fulfil briefs and meet targets.
- An understanding of and ability to deliver good client customer service.
- A willingness to assist the wider team when required.
- An understanding of the importance of best practice and act as a champion for both at all times.
- Positive and creative approach to problem-solving.
- An ability to successfully deal with confidential and sensitive matters.
This job description reflects the requirements of the job at the time of issue. The Company reserves the right to amend this document as appropriate from time to time, and request the jobholder undertakes activities believed to be reasonable within the broad scope of the job or their general abilities.
LOCATION: Kenardington, Kent (Office Based)
SALARY: £42,000 OTE (Depending on Experience)
If this Consultant vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Ruth Bolam on 01233 733510 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view more Sales jobs, click Sales.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Consultant vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Consultant vacancy will have been unsuccessful.