Landscape Operative required
Job Ref L555
Our client is a well- established company of landscape professionals who specialise in the field of garden design, landscape construction and garden maintenance high end domestic clients. They have a wealth of experience and pride themselves on completing a variety of work to high end domestic customers to an extremely high standard across the UK.
Our client is looking for a motivated, experienced, and reliable candidate to become part of the landscaping department and contribute to the high quality of the service they provide and professionally represent the company. The successful candidate will be involved in a range of landscaping activities which include:
- Ground Preparation
- Turfing and / or Seeding
- Shrub, Hedge and Tree planting
- Light Grounds Maintenance Duties
- Use of various equipment and machinery such as rotovators, whacker plates, seeding equipment, various hand tools and more.
Applicants should have a minimum of 1 years landscaping experience. The suitable candidate will have lots of enthusiasm, a keen eye for detail an ability to read and understand landscape drawings.
Applicants will be willing to work on their own initiative as well as under direction where necessary. A suitable candidate will have prior experience working within the soft landscaping environment.
- Deliver first quality maintenance on sites to their specification in a timely and efficient manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to work well in a team and be able to follow instructions.
- Show a good understanding of all health and safety regulations, and always adhering to them.
- Good communication skills to successfully engage with customers, clients, and team members.
This role entails being the representative of the company on the ground and will need to conduct yourself that portrays the business in accordance with its values and approach at all times. This is also a route for someone who is ambitious to join a progressive company and develop into a role with more responsibility.
The ideal candidate will hold:
- A full UK manual driving licence (required).
- Several years’ experience working within a similar environment.
- Experience using a range of machinery.
PA1/PA6a, NVQ, Chainsaw certificates are desirable, but not essential, and where required the client will assist in the training those certificates.
If this Landscape Operative vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Harriet Wells on 01233 732767 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To view more garden centre jobs, click Retail.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Landscape Operative vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Landscape Operative vacancy will have been unsuccessful