Job Ref S400
Our client is an established design and build company based in West London. Boasting 24 years’ experience in grounds maintenance, garden design and build across West London and the home counties. They pride themselves on providing the highest standard of service and have a loyal and established portfolio of clients including a highly varied range of work from roof gardens to small and large bespoke gardens within private homes. They are currently seeking a Gardener to assist in the day-to-day maintenance and construction of new gardens of the various sites.
Our client is looking for a friendly, motivated, and reliable candidate to join the team and contribute to the quality of the service they provide and professionally represent the company. The successful candidate will be involved in a range of activities which include:
- Lawn mowing and strimming
- Irrigation work
- Planting & Plant design
- Assisting with the construction of new gardens
- General Garden Maintenance
The suitable candidate will have prior experience working within the garden maintenance environment with 1-2 years of horticultural experience.
- Delivering high quality maintenance on sites to their specification in a timely and efficient manner
- Demonstrate the ability to work well in a team and be able to follow instructions, along with the initiate to lone work and understand what is required of them.
- Show a good understanding of all health and safety regulations, and always adhering to them.
- Being able to confidently deal with horticultural maintenance matters on site.
- Excellent communication skills to successfully engage with customers, clients, and team members.
The role involves being part of a small team that are representative of the company on the ground and will need to conduct yourself in a way that portrays the business in accordance with its values and approach at all times. This position entails working within a 4-man team or on occasion on your own. The company works in a relatively close geographical area covering mainly West London and the home counties.
The ideal candidate will hold:
- A full UK manual driving licence (required).
- Several years’ experience working within a horticultural capacity.
- Experience using a range of machinery.
- A real passion for and experience in horticulture.
Industry qualifications are ideal but not essential, and where required the client would be happy to assist the right candidate in the training and development.
Monday to Friday 08:00 – 16-16:30
In addition to the salary there is access to a company vehicle, four weeks paid holiday per annum including bank holidays.
If this Gardener vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Niall Anderson on 01233 732767 or email@example.com.
To view more Gardening jobs click Gardening or to view Landscape jobs click Landscape.
To apply for a position with horticruitment you will need to complete a candidate registration form, please see Candidate Registration.
If you would like more information regarding horticultural qualifications and colleges, see our Career advice.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Gardener vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Gardener vacancy will have been unsuccessful.